Named the 2015 Best Doctor of Truckee/Tahoe, Dr. Ganong graduated from the University of Southern California and completed his internship in Internal Medicine at the Los Angeles County-University of Southern California Medical Center and Residency at the University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center. He is a Member of the American Board of Internal Medicine and Fellow of the American College of Physicians and past member of the American College of Emergency Physicians.
He has held the following various professional positions:
- UC Davis Medical School - clinical faculty, instructor for family practice/sports medicine
- Stanford Medical Center - clinical faculty, instructor for family practice/sports medicine
- Tahoe Forest Hospital - various positions including director ICU, director Respiratory Therapy Department, Chairman Department of Medicine,
- Vice Chief of Staff, Chief of Staff
- Squaw Valley Ski Area - Medical Director Ski Patrol. Instructor and certifier for use of automatic defibrillator and esophageal airway
- NorthStar Ski Area- Medical Director Ski Patrol Physician, US Ski Team.